Business as usual for SST forex and futures Traders. Staying focused, and trading our plan continues to produce excellent results. Despite the occasional setback that occurs, which is to be expected with trading, we continue to post very handsome gains. Here’s a brief rundown of what we were doing in the traderoom this past week.
- Russell eMini; + 17.8 points, + $1780. We are a trade or two below our all time profit levels. After an impressive winning streak over the past few weeks, we did have a setback after hitting all time record profit levels. This is normal. You have to realize that all new equity highs come as peaks in our equity curve and are a result of the two steps forward, one step back process. Ater hitting the record levels, we took a step back. This last week, we embarked upon another attempt to make new profit levels. Whether we do this time around, or soon thereafter, is still yet to be seen. It will happen though — this I can say with absolute confidence.
- Crude Oil Futures; + 3.28; $3,280; 17 winners and 5 losses. CL broke out to new profit levels since officially tracking it, 7/29/11. +27.48 Points, $27,480 in less than 3 months.
- Wheat Futures; – .25. Wheat paused this week. SST Traders who traded the longer tradeplan beyond the time frame of the traderoom did much better as there were many late session big winners. To date, W is up +161.25 since 7/29 with a 72.66% winning percentage using very limited trading; about 30 min or so and often we’re done much quicker.
- EURUSD 5 Min; + 56 pips. We definitely had to battle this week, with the big Euro Summit on the agenda. Last week we ended with +194 pips. We are up +1714 pips since officially tracking the results for the US session in the traderoom, 7/29.
- EURJPY 233 Tick; I have replaced this with another EURJPY tradeplan. We are now using the EURJPY 5 minute chart with the SST Simple. This is not because I don’t believe in the 233 tick anymore. I do! It continues to work great. This week it ended with +184 pips, winning 12 and only losing 4 trades with 1 breakeven.
- EURJPY 5 Minute with SST Simple; We’ve been trading this in the traderoom now for 2 weeks. It has won 12 trades and only lost 4. This week it ended with +113 pips, winning 8, losing 2 and breaking even on 1. Last week it won 42 pips, winning 5 out of 7 trades. We’re up +155 pips in two weeks of trading, 16 trades.
- GBPUSD 233 Tick; This old friend has been off the radar for a while because we had to pare down the traderoom and decided on this one. It was a toss up between this one and the EURJPY. It was a difficult decision because there really was no ‘wrong’ answer. This tradeplan has performed well since the inception of the SST and it continues to do so. I did a random 4 week test from 9/19 thru 10/14. It produced +575 pips with just 90 minutes a day trading the US session.
I didn’t even mention any of the very profitable stock, option or forex swing trades. It points to the fact that there are simply just too many great opportunities and it is not possible to trade them all. As an SST Trader, it’s a GREAT problem to have!
I’m looking forward to Monday’s forex, futures, stock and options trade session.